I’m sitting behind my computer but the light is bothering me a bit as I cannot see the screen properly, so I stand up to close the blinds so the sun stays out of the office. But while I am closing them I look at the garden where the first forget-me-nots are blooming and Humphrey is hunting specks of dust together with Buffy. Hunting his own shadow and probably the bumblebees too.
I change my mind; open the blinds again, turn the computer into sleeping mode and walk downstairs to enjoy some sunshine in the back of the garden with the cats. Because isn’t this really the best time of year? That moment when you can finally open windows and doors wide and enjoy those very first rays of sunshine without freezing your butt off? It would be a sin to stay behind the computer, even though there is this nagging little voice in my head telling me to go back to work! Taxes need to be finished… But it can wait one day longer. Because today the sun is shining. Today I want to play outside!
have you also been enjoying some wonderfully warm sunshine? This salad is a perfect little lunch dish for a warm day!Print
Salad with goatcheese and blueberries
- Yield: 2 people
- Category: Salads
- mixed lettuce of your choice. I used beetleaves and mixed young lettuce
- 100 gram blue berries
- 50 gram soft goat cheese
- macadamia nuts, lightly roasted or you can use hazelnuts as well
For the dressing:
- 1 tbsp of coarse mustard
- 1 tsp honey
- 2 tbsp of white wine vinegar
- 50 ml good olive oil
- Roast the macadamia nuts lightly and chop into smaller pieces.
- Make the dressing by mixing the ingredients well. Add the other ingredients together and shake to mix before sprinkling with the dressing.
- Eat right away!
Never want to miss another paleo recipe?
Sign up for the newsletter and you will receive the occassional email with news from me!